Another successful stop into the Store that’s inside the Bellevue Library, I bought all these books for less than $4.00 USD.
Last weekend was our first anniversary of living in Bellevue, WA and I still remember how excited I was when my husband told me that he was offered a job position here.
In reason of the anniversary I decided to write about the good and also the not so good things, about our Moving to this City.
First, some of the good things (what I love):
- The Quality of Living. This is one of those places where you can feel safe, the people here is nice (at least in my experience) and is a beautiful city.
- Before our Moving, when I mentioned Seattle (people usually identify more Seattle than Bellevue), I listened to the same answer almost all the time “is always raining”, well in my experience the weather in the Spring and Summer is good (there are some beautiful sunny days) and at least for me it wasn’t so bad during Winter and Autumn (yes, it rains, but not all day or all the time and, actually, I learned to enjoy the rainy days).
- If we need to buy any groceries or things like a Magazine, there’s a Store a few steps from our Building.
- Half block from our home there’s a Mall (I love shopping).
- If I want go buy book (or just see what’s new), there’s also a Barnes and Noble a few blocks from our home.
- There’s a beautiful Park across the street, perfect for a walk or just to sit in a bench and read a book.
- Bellevue has an amazing Library with a great selection of Books, DVDs, Audiobooks and as is at a walking distance from our home I can go whenever I want.
Now, for the not so good, right now I can only think about two things:
- The Cost of Living, Bellevue is more expensive than others cities, specially the Rents.
- Our families live really far away and we can’t see them so often as we would like, but thank God for the Facetime that allow us to make Video Calls with them 🙂 .
To finish this post, I want to share one last good thing that it came from us moving to Bellevue and is that it made me start this Blog as a way to express myself and write about my hobbies (reading books, photography, movies, music, cooking) and my life here and so far I’m loving it. 🙂
Last Sunday my husband and I wanted some Mexican food for lunch.
A few blocks from our home here in Bellevue, WA there’s a Restaurant called La Cocina del Puerco (the Pork’s Kitchen), we enjoyed the food and we had a really good time there (we ordered the Chile Relleno and some Mexican beers).
Here are few pictures from that day.
Every Friday there’s a food truck a few blocks from my apartment and today I decided to stop by.
The truck is pink and really cute, you can see the picture here:
They sell waffles, I bought the “Monkey Chow” (a Buttermilk Waffle with Nutella spread, fresh sliced bananas with whipped cream and chopped nuts on top) and it was really delicious.
I think I’ll be visiting the Waffle Wagon again next week 😉
“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
― Mother Teresa